Area Information

Desck

AMENITIES

Arizona's agricultural production is evenly distributed between crops and livestock. Approximately 47% of Arizona's agricultural production is in livestock. The remaining 53% is in crops. Arizona's top five agricultural products are cattle and calves, lettuce, dairy products, cotton, and hay. Viticulture is a growing industry in AZ. Arizona’s winemaking regions continue to see robust growth with over 110 vineyards. Arizona wine is being recognition at both the local and national level. Higher educational needs are met by three major universities in Arizona including the University of Arizona, Arizona State University and Northern Arizona University and many junior colleges.

New Mexico’s top agricultural products include milk, beef cattle and calves, pecans, hay, sheep, onions, chile, greenhouse/nursery, cotton, corn, wheat, poultry, and eggs. NM is probably best known for its chile production. Not to be rivaled by Arizona, New Mexico viticulture industry boasts approximately 120 growers and 60 wineries producing about 900,000 gallons of wine annually. The top two Universities in New Mexico include New Mexico State University and the University of New Mexico with many junior colleges.

Hunting abounds in both states, offering elk, whitetail, bighorn sheep, javelina, and antelope, to name a few. Both states boast plenty of “fishing holes” including Roosevelt Lake, Lake Pleasant, and Conchas Lake, for year-round fishing adventures.

Both states have a healthy tourism sector attributable to their mild weather, rich history, wide open spaces, and a variety of area attractions.

Desck

RECREATION

With a wide range of elevation from lower deserts to upper mountains , Arizona and New Mexico are the ultimate adventure destinations with bragging rights to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Kartchner Caverns State Park, historic Tombstone, White Sands National Monument and Carlsbad Caverns, and the rich artist districts of Sedona and Santa Fe. The diverse terrain and stunning backdrops of both Arizona and New Mexico have been featured in hundreds of films including “Oklahoma,” “Tin Cup”, “The Lone Ranger” and “Young Guns,” many of which feature the Santa Rita Mountains, Canelo Hills, and the natural rock formations of Plaza Blanca, NM.

CLIMATE

Arizona and New Mexico’s pleasant climate have long been one of their major attractions. Their lower Sonoran zones offer some of the best grazing and irrigated farmland in the state. Higher elevations experience abundant rainfall and plenty of sunshine.

Where else can you spend a full day skiing in the mountains then, in just a few hours, end the day in the warmth of the lower lying desert?